Sabretooth-dvd.jpg (202 × 270 pixels, file size: 14 KB, MIME type: image/jpeg)
|Non-free media information and use rationale – non-free video cover for Sabretooth (film)|
This is the cover art of Sabretooth. The cover art copyright is believed to belong to the distributor, Lions Gate Entertainment, the publisher of the video or the studio which produced the video.
It is believed that the cover art can or could be obtained from the publisher or studio.
The entire front cover. Because the image is cover art, a form of product packaging, the entire image is needed to identify the product, properly convey the meaning and branding intended, and avoid tarnishing or misrepresenting the image.
The copy is of sufficient resolution for commentary and identification but lower resolution than the original video cover. Copies made from it will be of inferior quality, unsuitable as artwork on pirate versions or other uses that would compete with the commercial purpose of the original artwork.
|Purpose of use||
Main infobox. The image is used for identification in the context of critical commentary of the work for which it serves as cover art. It makes a significant contribution to the user's understanding of the article, which could not practically be conveyed by words alone. The image is placed in the infobox at the top of the article discussing the work, to show the primary visual image associated with the work, and to help the user quickly identify the work and know they have found what they are looking for. Use for this purpose does not compete with the purposes of the original work, namely the video cover creator's ability to provide video cover design services and in turn marketing video to the public.
As a video cover, the image is not replaceable by free content; any other image that shows the packaging of the video would also be copyrighted, and any version that is not true to the original would be inadequate for identification or commentary.
|This image is the cover of a videotape, DVD, Blu-ray, etc. and the copyright for it is most likely owned by either the publisher of the video or the studio which produced the video in question. It is believed that the use of low-resolution images of video covers
Fair use in Sabretooth (film)
Though this image is subject to copyright, its use is covered by the U.S. fair use laws because:
- It's a low resolution copy of a Film Poster / VHS or DVD Cover.
- It doesn't limit the copyright owner's rights to sell the film in any way, in fact, it may encourage sales.
- Because of the low resolution, copies could not be used to make illegal copies of the artwork/image.
- The image is itself a subject of discussion in the article or used in the infobox thereof.
- The image is significant because it was used to promoted a notable film.
- Derived from a digital capture (photo/scan) of the Film Poster/ VHS or DVD Cover (creator of this digital version is irrelevant as the copyright in all equivalent images is still held by the same party). Copyright held by the film company or the artist. Claimed as fair use regardless.
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||04:06, 6 February 2005||202 × 270 (14 KB)||Ghjffg|