(Redirected from 879 BC)Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article concerns the period 879 BC – 870 BC.
|Millennium:||1st millennium BC|
Events and trends
- 879 BC—Death of Zhou yi wang, King of the Zhou Dynasty of China.
- 879 BC—Kalhu is dedicated. Some historians say that Assurnasirpal II gives a banquet for 69,574 persons to celebrate it.
- 878 BC—Zhou li wang becomes King of the Zhou Dynasty of China.
- 877 BC—Parshvanatha, the 23rd Tirthankara of Jainism was born in India.
- 874 BC—Shoshenq II succeeds Takelot I as king of the Twenty-second dynasty of Egypt.
- 874 BC—Ahab becomes king of Israel (approximate date).
- 872 BC—An exceptionally high flood of the Nile covers the floors of the Temple of Luxor.
- 872 BC—Osorkon II succeeds Shoshenq II as king of the Twenty-second dynasty of Egypt.
- Sangave, Dr. Vilas Adinath (2001). Facets of Jainology: Selected Research Papers on Jain Society, Religion, and Culture. Mumbai: Popular Prakashan. ISBN 978-81-7154-839-2.CS1 maint: ref=harv (link)
- Fisher, Mary Pat (1997). Living Religions: An Encyclopedia of the World's Faiths. London: I.B.Tauris. ISBN 1-86064-148-2.CS1 maint: ref=harv (link)