Ewa District, Nauru
This article does not cite any sources. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
A Catholic church in Ewa
Ewa District within Nauru
|• Total||1.2 km2 (0.5 sq mi)|
|Elevation||25 m (82 ft)|
It covers an area of 1.2 km² and has a population of 300. Ewa is part of the Anetan Constituency.
The northernmost point of Nauru is in the Ewa District.
Buildings and structures
- Kayser College - A K-10 school. Named after German missionary Alois Kayser, who lived on the island for forty years.
- Capelle & Partner - a department store that is the largest business in Nauru.
- An Australian rules football playing ground is to the east of Capelle & Partner; it is a bare patch of crushed coral.
The primary and secondary schools serving all of Nauru are Yaren Primary School in Yaren District (years 1-3), Nauru Primary School in Meneng District (years 4-6), Nauru College in Denigomodu District (years 7-9), and Nauru Secondary School (years 10-12).
There is a private Catholic school, Kayser College, in Ewa. It serves infant years-year 8; and it served years 1-11 as of April 2002. A new three classroom building opened on 8 May 2015. As of 2002[update] the Nauru Department of Education gives the school 80% of its funds.
- Document by the." OHCHR. Retrieved on 8 July 2018. "The Education system is comprised of 10 schools, there are District Infant schools each[...]and finally Nauru Secondary School (Years 10-12) where compulsory education end at Year 12.[...]"
- "Attitudinal Survey Report on the Delivery of HIV and Sexual Reproductive Health Education in School Settings in Nauru HIV and Sexual Reproductive Health Education in School Settings in Nauru." UNESCO, 2015. P. 4 (pdf P. 12).
- "Education Statistics Digest 2015." Department of Education (Nauru). Retrieved on July 8, 2018. p. 47 (PDF p. 47).
- Brandjes, Denis (preparer). "Page 1 THE COMMONWEALTH OF LEARNING School Networking in the Pacific Island States An Environmental Scan and Plan for the Establishment of Schoolnets for the Pacific Island States." April 2002. p. 49 (PDF p. 51).
- "Nauru - Opening of the New Building at Kayser College." MSC Mission Office Australia. 26 May 2015. Retrieved on 5 July 2018.
Media related to Ewa at Wikimedia Commons
|This Nauruan location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|