Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up definition in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Generally, a definition delimits or describes the meaning of a concept or term.
Definition may also refer one of the following.
Science, mathematics and computing
- In computer programming languages, a declaration that reserves memory for a variable or gives the body of a subroutine
- Defining equation (physics), physical quantities defined in terms of others, in the form of an equation
- Defining equation (physical chemistry), physico-chemical quantities defined in terms of others, in the form of an equation
- Dynamical system (definition), description of a mathematical model, determined by a system of coupled differential equations
- Circular definition, lexicographic, linguistic and logical aspects
Music and TV
- High-definition television, a television format with higher resolution
- Definition (album), a 1992 studio album by American crossover thrash band Dirty Rotten Imbeciles
- Definition (TV series), a long-running Canadian game show of the 1970s and 1980s
- Definition (Jersey EP), 2001
- Definition (Diaura EP), 2019
- "Definition" (song), a 1998 song by Black Star
- Defined (album), a 2005 operatic pop album
- "Definitions" (How I Met Your Mother), a 2009 television episode
- Definitions (Plato), a dictionary of about 185 philosophical terms sometimes included in the corpus of Plato's works
- Dogmatic definition, the pronunciation of religious doctrine by a Pope or an ecumenical council
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Definition.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.