|Foundation||Around 17th century|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+1 (CEST)|
Støvring is a town in Rebild municipality in Region Nordjylland in the geographic region of the Jutland peninsula known as Himmerland in northern Denmark. The town has a population of 8,221 (2019), and is one of the centres of industry and retailing in the area. It is Municipal seat of Rebild municipality. Støvring is the 11th biggest town/city in Region Nordjylland just behind Aars. The town also have Støvring station. It is located 21 km from Aalborg and 37 from Aars
In 1682 the village consisted of 12 farms and 8 houses without land. The total cultivated area amounted to 437.1 barrels of land due to 58.40 barrels of grains.The cultivation form was grassland with foxes.
In 1875 the city was described as follows: "Støvring with School, Watermill, Inn, 2 smaller shopping establishments and railway station.
Until 1 January 2007 Støvring was also a municipality covering an area of 220 km², and with a total population of 13,057 (2005). Støvring municipality ceased to exist as the result of Kommunalreformen ("The Municipality Reform" of 2007). It was merged with Nørager and Skørping municipalities to form the new Rebild municipality. This created a municipality with an area of 628 km² and a total population of 28,457 (2005).
- Rikke Karlsson (born 1965) a Danish politician and Member of the European Parliament, she lives in Støvring
- Michael Silberbauer (born 1981 in Støvring) a former Danish professional footballer, he played more than a 100 games for Aalborg BK and FC Copenhagen and was capped 25 times for the Denmark national football team
- Støvring station
- Rebild municipality
- Hydrema a dump truck manufacturer in Støvring founded in 1959.
- Municipal statistics: NetBorger Kommunefakta, delivered from KMD aka Kommunedata (Municipal Data)
- Municipal mergers and neighbors: Eniro new municipalities map
|This Danish location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|