Keith Baker (game designer)
Keith Baker in 2005
|Born||citation needed]July 7, 1969 [|
|Occupation||writer, game designer|
|Genre||role-playing games, fantasy|
- 1 Career
- 2 Selected role-playing game credits
- 3 Eberron fiction credits
- 4 Other fiction credits
- 5 Trivia
- 6 References
- 7 External links
In 2002, Keith Baker was a freelancer best known for his thematic work at Atlas Games.:291 His Dungeons & Dragons campaign setting of Eberron was chosen as the winner among the 11,000 submissions to the Wizards of the Coast Fantasy Setting Search in 2002.:291 Baker produced the Eberron Campaign Setting (2004) alongside James Wyatt and Bill Slavicsek, the first of many background books focused on the setting.:294 In addition to working with Wizards of the Coast on Eberron material, he has also contributed material for Goodman Games, Paizo Publishing and Green Ronin Games. He lives in Portland, Oregon. He has a tattoo of the Greater Mark of Making on his right arm. Prior to working in the role-playing game industry, he worked in the video game industry with Magnet Interactive Studios and a Colorado company, VR1.
Baker has won an Origins Award twice, first in 2004 for Best Roleplaying Game Supplement as part of the team for the Eberron campaign setting, then alone in 2005 for Traditional Card Game of the Year for Gloom, published by Atlas Games.
Selected role-playing game credits
- Eberron Campaign Setting, w/ Bill Slavicsek and James Wyatt (June 2004, ISBN 0-7869-3276-7)
- Sharn: City of Towers, w/ James Wyatt (November 2004, ISBN 0-7869-3434-4)
- Races of Eberron, w/ Jesse Decker, Matthew Sernett, and Gwendolyn F.M. Kestrel (April 2005, ISBN 0-7869-3658-4)
- Player's Guide to Eberron, w/ James Wyatt, Luke Johnson, and Stan! (January 2006, ISBN 0-7869-3912-5)
- Secrets of Xen'drik, w/ Jason Buhlman and Amber Scott (July 2006, ISBN 0-7869-3916-8)
- Dragonmarked, w/ Michelle Lyons and C.A. Suleiman (November 2006, ISBN 0-7869-3933-8)
- Secrets of Sarlona, w/ Scott Fitzgerald Gray, Glenn McDonald, and Chris Sims (February 2007, ISBN 0-7869-4037-9)
- Dragons of Eberron w/ Scott Fitzgerald Gray, Nicolas Logue, and Amber Scott (October 2007, ISBN 978-0-7869-4154-4)
- City of Stormreach w/ Nicolas Logue, James "Grim" Desborough, and C.A. Suleiman (February 2008, ISBN 978-0-7869-4803-1)
- Eberron Campaign Guide, w/ James Wyatt (July 2009, ISBN 978-0-7869-5099-7)
- Shadows of the Last War (July 2004, ISBN 0-7869-3276-7).
- Khyber's Harvest (June 2009, Free adventure released for Free RPG Day 2009)
- The Complete Guide to Wererats (March 2003, ISBN 978-0-9712767-8-9)
- The Complete Guide to Beholders, w/ Thomas Denmark and Michael Ericksen (June 2003, ISBN 978-0-9726241-8-3)
- The Complete Guide to Doppelgangers (February 2007, ISBN 978-0-9712767-7-2)
- The Creatures of Freeport, w/ Graeme Davis (May 2004, ISBN 978-1-932442-19-9)
- Crime & Punishment: The Player's Sourcebook of the Law (March 2003, ISBN 1-58978-039-6)
- The Ebon Mirror, a D20 System adventure (January 2002, ISBN 1-58978-010-8)
- Friends of the Dragon, w/ Will Hindmarch (2004, ISBN 1-58978-054-X)
Eberron fiction credits
The Dreaming Dark trilogy
- The City of Towers (Keith Baker, February 2005, ISBN 0-7869-3584-7)
- The Shattered Land (Keith Baker, February 2006, ISBN 0-7869-3821-8)
- The Gates of Night (Keith Baker, November 2006, ISBN 0-7869-4013-1)
Thorn of Breland trilogy
- The Queen of Stone (Keith Baker, November 2008, ISBN 978-0-7869-5009-6)
- Son of Khyber (Keith Baker, November 2009, ISBN 978-0-7869-5234-2)
- The Fading Dream (Keith Baker, October 2010, ISBN 978-0-7869-5624-1)
- "Death at Whitehearth," in Tales of the Last War (April 2006, ISBN 0-7869-3986-9)
- "Principles of Fire," in Dragons: Worlds Afire (June 2006, ISBN 0-7869-4166-9)
- "Shadows of Stormreach," online serial story.
Other fiction credits
- "...And Weave The Spider's Web" - Foreshadows: The Ghosts of Zero (February 2012, ISBN 978-1-4675-1060-8)
- Eberron: Eye of the Wolf (Artist: Chris Lie, June 2006)
He appears in a cameo in the comic book The Order of the Stick: Start of Darkness by Rich Burlew.
- Shannon Appelcline (2011). Designers & Dragons. Mongoose Publishing. ISBN 978-1-907702-58-7.
- Wizards of the Coast Announcement GamingReport.com. Retrieved on August 28, 2008.
- "Resume". Bossythecow.com. Retrieved 4 January 2018.
- "Keith's Greater Mark of Making". Bossythecow.com. Retrieved 4 January 2018.
- Baker, Keith. "Resume". BossyTheCow.com. Retrieved 2007-03-21.
- "Origins Winners of 2004". Archived from the original on November 20, 2008. Retrieved 2008-12-17.
- "Origins Winners of 2005". Archived from the original on November 20, 2008. Retrieved 2008-12-17.
- "Keith Baker". Archived from the original on February 24, 2009.
- Official website
- Keith Baker at BoardGameGeek
- G2V Podcast interview with Keith Baker
- "Pen & Paper listing for Keith Baker". Archived from the original on 25 April 2005.
- Interview with Keith Baker, GameSpy, August 20, 2004.
- Interview with Keith Baker, IGN.com - archived on wayback machine
- Keith Baker at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database