This article does not cite any sources. (July 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Yin surname in regular script
Yin (Chinese: 尹; pinyin: Yǐn) is a Chinese surname. In 800 BCE, Bo Jifu, a renowned judge during the reign of Zhou Xuan Wang, held the position of Yin (equivalent to First Minister, most favored Minister, or Lord Protector), and changed his name to Yin Jifu. During the era of the Imperial Examination System, three other magistrates took on the surname Yǐn (尹) to denote their Imperial rank and favoured status.
- Yiin Chii-ming, Minister of Economic Affairs of the Republic of China (2008–2009)
- Yin Fu, creator of a sub-branch of the Bagua martial art; bodyguard to the Empress Dowager Cixi and personal trainer of the Emperor.
- Yin Han and Yin Zhen, members of the judiciary of the Han Dynasty.
- Yin Lin, a painter of the Tang Dynasty.
- Yin Zhongke, a member of the judiciary of the Song Dynasty.
- Yin Zhangsheng, a painter of the Song Dynasty,
- Yin Wen, a personal tutor of princes of the Ming Dynasty
- Wan Kwong, Hong Kong pop singer.
- Yin Li, Governor of Sichuan (2016-)
- Đoàn Thị Hương, suspect in the assassination of Kim Jong-nam
|surname Yǐn. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.This page lists people with the|