Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Atlantis (brothel)
Atlantis (brothel) was proposed for deletion. This page is an archive of the discussion about the proposed deletion. This page is no longer live. Further comments should be made on the article's talk page rather than here so that this page is preserved as an historic record. The result of the debate was to keep the article.
- Advertizing a brothel in Frankfurt (am Main?) in Germany. Is this what Wikipedia is for? Anthony Appleyard 09:55, 15 Nov 2004 (UTC)
- Keep. No, Wikipedia is for factual, NPOV information.
And while this article could definitely use some weeding (it's far too elaborate at points and contains some nasty grammar mistakes—at the time of writing, I'm going over there now)it definitely meets those standards. Where is the advertizing? I didn't see a "call XXX for a good time" section... JRM 10:03, 2004 Nov 15 (UTC)
- Needed less weeding than I thought; most of the info is worth preserving. Some grammar has been cleaned up. JRM 10:31, 2004 Nov 15 (UTC)
- Keep. Although, I would want to see largest brothel in Germany be specified. How is the brothel's size measured? [[User:MacGyverMagic|Mgm|(talk)]] 11:07, Nov 15, 2004 (UTC)
- Comment, was listed on VfD in February 2003. -SimonP 13:49, Nov 15, 2004 (UTC)
- I've already slapped myself on the wrist for overlooking that. Mac, are you OK or do I need to come over and help? :-) JRM 13:57, 2004 Nov 15 (UTC)
- I don't care that it's a brothel, I do care that it's not notable. Delete.
- Why is it telling us how much they charge? Why is it telling us what we get for a half hour? Why is it half a celebration of the big whorehouse and half a report on the house in the news? Abstain for now, but leaning to delete. Geogre 17:03, 15 Nov 2004 (UTC)
- The page looked a bit too commercial, so I took it upon myself to remove the marketing info. Keep the rest. It's a human interest story. GeorgeStepanek 21:06, 20 Nov 2004 (UTC)
- Keep, althought it may need a little bit of cleaning. —siroχo 18:39, Nov 15, 2004 (UTC)
- Looks like a borderline case; I might be inclined to delete if not for the fairly impressive level of detail (from someone personally acquainted with the place?), but it's good enough that I say keep it. Everyking 18:55, 15 Nov 2004 (UTC)
- For now, I'll abstain with comment: The brothel's troubles with the criminal law initially struck me me as pushing it over the line to notability, but if this were the case, wouldn't just about every brothel that's ever existed in the world qualify as notable? We would risk Wikipedia becoming a directory of brothels. Samaritan 20:00, 15 Nov 2004 (UTC)
- Weak keep. Some cleaning, yes, but worthy of note. GRider 22:57, 15 Nov 2004 (UTC)
- Weak keep. I'd like to see the "one of the largest" claim qualified and substantiated (better establishing notability), but otherwise it seems like a legitimate article, reasonably NPOV. — Gwalla | Talk 03:58, 16 Nov 2004 (UTC)
- LOL whoever wrote the article sure knows what they're talking about! I think its a bit pov, and a bit of an advertisement really, but i think i might visit someday ;-) no not really. prob delete, but then prob keep as well. leaning more to the middle of the road, sitting on the fence on this one i think. Wifki 07:17, 16 Nov 2004 (UTC)
- Transwiki to Wikitravel (for certain kind of tourists) - Skysmith 09:25, 16 Nov 2004 (UTC)
- Very weak keep. Seems interesting enough although I add a big qualifier over "interesting" as it is really only interested to certain kinds of people. Wikipedia is not paper so if something is vaguely of interest to certain people, then maybe. --JuntungWu 12:57, 17 Nov 2004 (UTC)
Comment: I suggest this article not be deleted. It is not offensive. While moralists may disagree, there is something of cultural value even in a brothel.
- Keep. Mark Richards 20:36, 18 Nov 2004 (UTC)
- Keep, noteworthy enough. —No-One Jones (m) 20:38, 18 Nov 2004 (UTC)
- Delete fvw* 15:59, 2004 Nov 19 (UTC)
- Keep, but it fits better into Wikitravel in my opinion. Anyway, it seems notable enough and the article is well written. --Lightst 18:05, 21 Nov 2004 (UTC)
This page is now preserved as an archive of the debate and, like other '/delete' pages is no longer 'live'. Subsequent comments on the issue, the deletion or on the decision-making process should be placed on the relevant 'live' pages. Please do not edit this page.