Swissôtel The Stamford
|Swissôtel The Stamford|
Facade of Swissôtel The Stamford
|Hotel chain||Fairmont Raffles Hotels International|
|Address||2 Stamford Road, Singapore 178882|
|Management||Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts|
|Height||226 metres (741 ft)|
|Design and construction|
|Number of rooms||1,252 from USD $305 to USD $2,500 per night.|
|Number of restaurants||15|
Swissôtel The Stamford, formerly known as the Westin Stamford, is a hotel in Singapore managed by Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts. Designed by architect I.M. Pei, at a height of 226 metres (741 ft) it is one of Southeast Asia's tallest hotels. It is part of the Raffles City complex comprising two hotels, the Raffles City Convention Centre, Raffles City shopping centre, and an office tower. Situated at 2 Stamford Road, the hotel sits above City Hall MRT Station and Esplanade MRT Station.
The 5-star hotel is a sister hotel of Fairmont Singapore and has 1,252 rooms and suites, 15 restaurants and bars, Raffles City Convention Centre, and one of Asia's largest spas, Willow Stream Spa. A major renovation of the hotel was completed in 2019.
The hotel was designed by architect I.M. Pei as the Westin Stamford Singapore, along with its adjacent smaller sister hotel, the Westin Plaza. When completed by the South Korean firm SsangYong Group in 1986, the Westin Stamford was the world's tallest hotel building, rising to a height of 226 metres (741 ft), and held that title until 1997 when the Baiyoke Tower II was completed in Bangkok, Thailand.
On 1 January 2002 the two Westins were sold to Swissôtel/Raffles Hotels and both hotels were renamed, The Westin Stamford becoming Swissôtel The Stamford and The Westin Plaza becoming Raffles The Plaza. When Raffles Hotels was acquired by Fairmont in 2006, the smaller hotel was again renamed, becoming the Fairmont Singapore.
Swissôtel The Stamford has 15 food and beverage outlets including JAAN by Kirk Westaway (awarded one star in the Michelin Guide's Singapore edition for 3 consecutive years), recreational facilities, and a 108,000 square feet (10,000 m2) convention center.
Restaurants at the Raffles City hotels
The food, beverage and spa outlets at both Swissôtel The Stamford and Fairmont Singapore are operated by the same management.
- Swissôtel The Stamford
- CLOVE (formerly Cafe Swiss)
- JAAN by Kirk Westaway
- Kopi Tiam
- SKAI Bar
- The Stamford Brasserie
- Bar Rouge Singapore
- Fairmont Singapore
- Alligator Pear
- Asian Market Cafe
- Szechuan Court and Kitchen
Raffles City Convention Centre
Raffles City Convention Centre (RCCC) offers more than 108,000 square feet of prime, flexible function space, including 27 meeting rooms and three magnificent ballrooms. Be it a global conference, a state-of-the-art presentation, from a lavish charity ball to a thematic banquet, support is offered along every step of the way to ensure that your meeting or event is a rousing success.
Raffles City Convention Centre is the off-site caterer at these notable events:
- AMEX Centurion Gala Dinner (2015)
- HSBC’s Women’s Champions (since 2010)
- Singapore Air Show (2014, 2012, 2010, 2008, 2006, 2004)
- Singapore Grand Prix (2013, 2012, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007)
- The Star Performing Arts Centre Official Opening Embassies’ events
- Time Out Singapore 2010 Best of Awards: New Asia.
- World Gourmet Summit Awards of Excellence 2009 – Rising Chef of the Year: André Chiang of Jaan par André.
- Singapore Tatler Best Restaurant Guide 2009 – Hall of Fame: Jaan par André.
- Michelin Guide Singapore 2016 – one star: Jaan par André.
- O'Reilly, Avril (9 December 2008). "Hotel Watch: Swissôtel The Stamford, Singapore". Telegraph. Retrieved 2 April 2010.
- "Deals & kortingen voor hotelreserveringen van luxe hotels tot budgetovernachtingen" (in Dutch). Hotels.com. Retrieved 2 April 2010.
- Tai, Charmaine (6 July 2018). "Business hotels in Singapore: Swissotel The Stamford in the city's CBD undergoes a major refurbishment". Robb Report Singapore.
- "Swissôtel The Stamford Singapore : 2 Stamford Road, Singapore". Glass Steel and Stone. Retrieved 2 April 2010.
- "Awards 2010: best clubs and bars :: Features :: Nightclubs & Bars". Time Out Singapore. 11 March 2010. Retrieved 2 April 2010.
- "GRAVITATE AROUND CHEF ANDRE CHIANG'S EPICUREAN UNIVERSE AT CHEFS WITH ALTITUDE 2009 (14 TO 19 SEP 2009)". 170Radio.com. Archived from the original on 7 July 2011. Retrieved 2 April 2010.
- "Singapore's Michelin-starred restaurants: All you need to know". The Straits Times. 21 July 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Swissôtel The Stamford.|